We are aware that our operations can have an impact on the environment and are therefore committed to:
- Increasing the positive environmental impact and seeking to reduce the negative environmental impact of our operations wherever possible.
- Complying with legislative and ethical standards concerning care of the environment.
- Sourcing and supplying products with low environmental impact wherever possible.
- Defining the methods for identification, control and disposal of products that have special handling and waste treatment needs.
- Continual environmental improvement in respect of the products we sell, our internal use of resources and prevention of pollution.
WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
- This symbol on electrical and electronic equipment indicates that at the end of its life it should not be treated as normal household waste.
- Every year the UK throws away around 2 million tonnes of WEEE. If this waste is not disposed of correctly, there could be potential harm to your health and the environment.
- To ensure safe treatment and to increase re-use and recycling of material we offer in-store take-back for any waste electrical product. If you the purchaser/account holder are the end user of the product, this "like for like" (old for new) service is free.
- For more information about recycling WEEE, packaging materials and many other waste items, take a look at WasteConnect.
As a producer, Edmundson Electrical has joined the WEEELink Producers Scheme and has been issued with the WEEE producer number FB0071UZ. All EEE for which Edmundson Electrical is producer will be marked with the following logo:
Edmundson Electrical also provides a service for commercial users to take back their WEEE and a free take-back scheme for batteries of a type sold by the business. Contact your local location for details.
All Edmundson Electrical locations are permitted and licensed to accept hazardous waste that falls within the scope of the WEEE regulations. This includes fluorescent lamps, discharge lamps, refrigerators and CRT displays.
Edmundson Electrical holds the following waste carrier's licences:
England, Scotland and Wales
ROC UT 2517